released on June 27, 2017
- improvedImproved compatibility with macOS 10.13. High Sierra
released on June 15, 2017
- newInitial compatibility with macOS 10.13. High Sierra
- fixedFixed duplicate Visor window after tweaking Visor preferences.
released on April 26, 2017
released on April 22, 2017
released on March 25, 2017
released on March 20, 2017
- newTotalFinder can be newly launched with System Integrity Protection fully enabled. Sierra El Capitan
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.12.5. Sierra
- newNew icons in Preferences.
- newDark menubar icon.
- newHolding SHIFT during tab creation will open it in a new window.
- fixedFixed potential crash/lock when opening DMG files.
- fixedFixed colored labels redrawing bug. Sierra
- fixedFixed a case when Finder window could be misaligned with framing TotalFinder window.
released on January 5, 2017
released on September 24, 2016
- removedDisabled TotalFinder's Folders on Top feature on macOS 10.12, which now offers Folders on Top natively as an option in Finder's preferences. However, Finder's implementation only allows Folders on Top when sorting by Name, so we'll look to improve upon that. Sierra
released on September 20, 2016
released on February 16, 2016
released on February 08, 2016
released on October 20, 2015
- newIntroduced Chinese (HK) translation by Perry Lo
- fixedFixed reseting selection described here. El Capitan
- improvedMinor performance imporvement in 'Folders on Top' code. El Capitan
released on October 18, 2015
released on October 14, 2015
- fixedFixed broken copy&paste (regression introduced in 1.7.7).
- fixedAutomatic column resizing is not applied on preview columns.
- fixedFixed closing all windows (when clicking red close button while holding option).
released on October 13, 2015
- newRe-implementation of auto-sizing columns in Column View for El Capitan. El Capitan
- fixedReturned previous behaviour of Coloured Sidebar under Yosemite. Yosemite
released on October 12, 2015
- newRe-implementation of sidebar mirroring in dual mode for El Capitan. El Capitan
released on October 11, 2015
- newNew Folders on Top implementation for El Capitan (works in Column View Mode as well and fixes issues described here). El Capitan
- newColorful Sidebar updated for El Capitan. El Capitan
- fixedFixed misplaced colored labels under El Capitan. El Capitan
released on October 6, 2015
- newReturned option for HFS Path in Copy Path Menu.
- fixedFixed problem with localizations. El Capitan
released on September 29, 2015
- fixedFixed problem with restoring tabs after Finder restart (introduced in 1.7.2).
- removedDropped support for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- removedRemoved option for HFS Path in Copy Path Menu.
released on September 28, 2015
- improvedCompatibility with OS X 10.11 (but you have to disable SIP). El Capitan
- newTotalFiner warns about System Integrity Protection if active (and offers further actions). El Capitan
- newAdded labels support under 10.11. El Capitan
- fixedFixed visual glitch when opening DMG files under 10.11. El Capitan
- fixedDo not change background color if TotalFinder window loses key status but stays main.
- fixedLabels: improved rendering of tag circles under some circumstances (they have a nice white bezel). Yosemite
released on August 11, 2015
- improvedInstaller/uninstaller/packaging icons changed to Yosemite-style.
- fixedDouble-keypress code does not read com.apple.mouse.doubleClickThreshold system preference anymore (this might cause OPT+OPT style Visor activation to not work for users who have some crazy high value set there).
- improvedSwitching toolbar display mode from icons-only to something else does not look ugly anymore. Yosemite
- improvedTotalFinder newly checks if settings plist file is missing or corrupted.
- improvedTotalFinder stores a backup of licensing info in Finder's plist itself (To ease the pain of users who run MacKeeper or CleanMyMac to wipe all TotalFinder settings out and then wonder why their TotalFinder got suddenly unregistered).
- fixedFixed a timing problem with TotalFinder startup.
- fixedFinally reliable DMG detection.
- fixedAdressed instability issues introduced in 1.6.19.
- fixedImproved DMG detection from 1.6.20. Some users were reporting unexpected behaviour.
- fixedTabs were not resized properly to adapt changing window width (regression introduced in 1.6.19).
- fixedTotalFinder was sometimes unexpectedly opening new tabs as new windows.
- fixedFixed sluggish navigation in column mode.
- fixedFixed more cases of ghost windows without frames.
- fixedTotalFinder would not launch under some circumstances.
- improvedYes, the developer is back from the wonderland of ClojureScript!
- improvedCompatibility with OS X 10.10.3. Yosemite
- fixedFixed revelaing windows when clicking the Dock icon under 10.10.3.
- fixedFixed a bug which could potentially lead to a memory corruption and upredictable behaviour.
- fixedTotalFinder should not crash on startup when restoring original tabs state.
- fixedRemoved code signature check in TotalFinder launcher, it started causing troubles to some users.
released on November 7, 2014
- fixedFixed broken licensing dialog.
released on November 5, 2014
released on November 3, 2014
- improvedReimplemented internal system of storing TotalFinder preferences (preferences are no longer shared with Finder in com.apple.finder.plist but are held separately in com.binaryage.totalfinder.plist). Yosemite Mavericks
- fixedFixed the problem of blank lines in List View when colored labels feature was enabled. Yosemite
- fixedImplemented more code which should prevent ghost Finder windows. Yosemite
released on October 30, 2014
- fixedFixed broken interoperability with AppleScript (since 1.6.10)
- fixedToolbar customization palette does not obscure toolbar items anymore Yosemite
- fixedPrevented toolbar flickering and bad layout when toggling it on and off again Yosemite
released on October 19, 2014
- improvedIt is possible to set conflicting keyboard shortcuts in TotalFinder Preferences (User is warned but has an option to set the conflicting shortcut anyway).
- fixedAdditionally global keyboard shortucs which are disabled are no longer treated as conflicting shortcuts by TotalFinder.
- fixedUnder some circumstances TotalFinder was not launched automatically after system start. Yosemite
- fixedToggling 'Show hidden files' and other TotalFinder view options did not refresh file lists.
- fixedFixed a problem when TotalFinder maximized window after double-clicking a tab. Yosemite
released on October 2, 2014
- fixedReverted "unwanted window maximizations" fix from 1.6.11 - it seriously broke tabs code under Mavericks. Yosemite
released on September 30, 2014
- fixedCompatibility with OS X 10.10 (GM1). Yosemite
- fixedFixed dual mode problems introduced in 1.6.10. Mavericks
- fixedResolved unwanted window maximizations when double-clicking tabs. Yosemite
- fixedClicking "new tab" button could add tab to a wrong TotalFinder window (focus-related issue).
- fixedDragging files over tabs works reliably.
released on September 19, 2014
- fixedCompatibility with OS X 10.10 (DP7 and DP8). Yosemite
- fixedFixed problems with stuck keyboard focus (I found a better way how to implement sharing keyboard focus between Finder windows embedded under TotalFinder frame window. This is a huge improvement.)
- fixedFixed fullscreen transition issues. Mavericks
- improvedAdded Malay localization.
released on August 19, 2014
- fixedHotfix release for compatibility with OS X 10.10 (developer preview 6). Note traffic-light buttons can be misplaced. Coloured labels have issues too. I'm working on a fix. Yosemite
released on August 18, 2014
- fixedFixed broken minimize button (regression introduced in 1.6.7).
- fixedRemoved potential focus ring around new tab button (regression introduced in 1.6.7).
released on August 14, 2014
- fixedTotalFinder didn't launch after system reboot (regression introduced in 1.6.6).
- fixedColored icons in Sidebar work again under all supported systems.
- improvedTotalFinder is not causing warnings in Console log. Yosemite
- improvedVisor's pin button is properly styled under Yosemite. Yosemite
released on August 12, 2014
- fixedSidebar width preservation works again (regression introduced in 1.6.5).
- fixedFixed right-click context menus under tab icons (regression introduced in 1.6.5).
- fixedFixed empty sidebar issue under 10.8 (regression introduced in 1.6.5). Mountain Lion
released on August 10, 2014
- fixedImproved compatibility with OS X 10.10 (developer preview 5). Yosemite
- newDock progress functionality works again under OS X 10.10 (developer preview 5). Yosemite
- improvedImproved dock progress when multiple operations are progressing concruently.
- improvedLess intrusive way how to arrange Finder views to fit in TotalFinder window.
- fixedFixed sidebar visual glitch and colors under OS X 10.10. Yosemite
released on August 5, 2014
- fixedFixed compatibility with OS X 10.10 (developer preview 5). Yosemite
- removedDock progress functionality temporarily does not work under OS X 10.10 (developer preview 5). Yosemite
- improvedReimplemented old code for bringing Visor up by double-tapping a key
released on July 21, 2014
released on June 19, 2014
- newInitial compatibility with OS X 10.10 (developer preview). Yosemite
- fixedFixed crash in uninstaller when required font was missing in the system.
- fixedFixed infinite redrawing loop eating 100% of CPU and affecting some users.
- fixedFixed scenario when cut selection stopped updating itself.
- improvedGeneral improvement of stability (we started using weak pointers to keep track of Finder windows).
- fixedFixed a rare case when some Desktop icons could be missing (ghost icons). Mavericks
- improvedImproved drawing of colored labels behind Desktop icons.
released on April 30, 2014
- fixedFixed missing Copy Path menu. Lions
- fixedFixed switching to Time Machine. Mavericks
- improvedResolved possible crash when cut & pasting item to Desktop. Mavericks
- improvedResolved possible random crash when executing commands via menu or toolbar.
released on April 24, 2014
- fixedRight clicking a folder on Desktop and selecting paste applies operation on the folder (not on Desktop itself).
- improvedDMGs now open as separate standard Finder windows (this should resolve confusion about missing sidebars).
- improvedColored Labels are slightly smaller on Desktop and in Icon View (selection bubble will cover them).
- improvedFixed color bleeding when an item in List View is selected and has Colored Label.
released on April 12, 2014
released on April 11, 2014
- improvedColored Labels are now flat and desaturated a bit (this improved readability and unified the style).
- improvedFinder's texts are properly anti-aliased when rendered over Colored Labels.
- improvedHiding dot files on Desktop works without creating ghost holes.
- improvedDMGs now open as separate standard Finder windows (this will hopefully resolve confusion about missing sidebars).
- improvedWhen you torn-off a native Finder tab it creates a native Finder window (originally it was adopted as a new TotalFinder tab which was pretty confusing).
- fixedResolved another background click-drag issue.
released on April 7, 2014
- fixedColored Labels work properly for symlinks and aliases.
- improvedImproved rendering of Colored Labels under Desktop icons.
- improvedImproved rendering of Colored Labels in Icon View to better match Dektop icons.
released on April 6, 2014
- newColored Labels work newly also with Desktop items
- fixedColored Labels render properly regarless of System scrollbars setting.
- fixedFinder selection is rendered in white in Column Mode again.
- fixedResolved occasional random window jumping when click-dragging.
- fixedFixed a regression when system version detection code would cause TotalFinder to crash under Hungarian localized OS (and possibly under other localized OSes).
released on April 3, 2014
released on April 1, 2014
- fixedFixed startup crash on 10.9 systems (affected initial Mavericks release without any updates).
- fixedColored Labels were renderng in Icon View regardless of Preferences.
- improvedImproved rendering of Colored Labels in Icon View => rounded corners.
released on March 31, 2014
released on March 29, 2014
released on March 23, 2014
released on March 19, 2014
- fixedFixed fixed graphical glitch when changing paths via applescript.
- improvedCut works in search results, possible resolution of failing cut operation.
released on March 15, 2014
- fixedFixed toolbar flickering during window resizing in Column View.
- fixedFixed stuck animation when minimizing windows.
- fixedActivating TotalFinder via clicking on tabs background transfers focus to Finder properly.
- fixedExpanding window to whole screen works now reliably when pressing green + button.
- fixedCrash watcher could pop up with old crash log.
- improvedBackground color does not flash after sliding visor up.
released on February 28, 2014
- improvedAdded missing files for Hungarian and Croatian localizations.
- improvedSwitching to full screen streches window to whole screen.
- fixedFull screen menu item (CTRL+CMD+F) works reliably.
- fixedSometimes background color of windows could stay wrong.
- fixedPrevented ghost Finder window when clicking Finder's Dock icon.
- fixedClicking "Add Tab" button on window without focus could operate on different browser window.
released on February 27, 2014
released on February 25, 2014
- fixedDoing rename in the left-side panel of dual view could lock focus to the right side.
- fixedFixed double-clicking tabs when having enabled "Double click a window's title bar to minimize" in the Dock prefs.
- fixedFixed a rare (but dangerous) situation when highlighted tab selection did not match folder view displayed by Finder.
released on February 25, 2014
- fixedFixed a crashing scenario when enabled auto-widths in Column View.
released on February 24, 2014
released on February 24, 2014
- fixedFixed serious crashing introduced in 1.5.16 (when remebered folder does not exist after TotalFinder restart).
released on February 24, 2014
- improvedFolders on Top: Reliable sorting of groups in all List View, Column View and CoverFlow View.
- fixedTabs properly resize when window frame is resized.
released on February 20, 2014
released on February 20, 2014
- newIntroduced Bengali translation by Omi Azad
- newWhen enabled Folders on Top feature in List View and arranged by Kind: the "Folders" group is sorted first under Mavericks
- fixedFixed problem of blinking windows when resizing.
- fixedFixed cases of missing sidebar when reopening windows.
- fixedThe desktop window is skipped when cycling windows via CMD+`.
- fixedRight-side window could have problems with resizing and persistence of column widths in the right side of dual mode.
- fixedFixed situations when main window could be resized to too narrow width.
- improvedInternal optimizations to improve TotalFinder performance.
- improvedImproved dragging and dropping tabs - focus should stay with dropped tab.
released on February 12, 2014
released on February 10, 2014
- newImplemented support for fullscreen mode (finally!)
released on February 2, 2014
- newCompatibility with OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks
- newVisor can be shown on screen with mouse cursur (a new "Screen" option under visor preferences)
- improvedCleanup of code implementing colored icons in sidebar.
released on December 30, 2013
released on December 5, 2013
- fixedFixed missing app icon (the problem introduced in 1.5.5).
- improved"Open in new tab" context-menu item opens TotalFinder's tab under Mavericks.
released on November 16, 2013
released on November 16, 2013
released on October 18, 2013
- fixedPrevented (potential) scenario when TotalFinder launcher could cause continuous Finder crashing.
- improvedChecking TotalFinder bundle signature to prevent running cracked version. Cracked version 1.5 caused 100% Finder crashes and pretty big headache under Mavericks. Anyway, if you are using a cracked version you are doing it wrong ;-)
released on October 10, 2013
- NOTE This is a major version to be stable channel. Thank you for helping to test all previous releases.
released on October 9, 2013
- fixedUnder Mavericks, drag and drop would break after dragging file onto a tab.
- fixedSparkle updater shows TotalFinder icon and does not throw errors about missing update feed.
- improvedThe "New tab" button should be visually identical to Chrome's
released on October 1, 2013
- newIntroduced new custom-built uninstaller app.
- fixedFixed several crash scenarios.
released on September 19, 2013
- fixedFixed problem with rendering AirDrop view.
- fixedFixed rendering of path bar under Mavericks.
- improvedUnder Mavericks, opening folder with CMD+click opens it in a new TotalFinder's tab (use CMD+OPT+click to open it in native Finder's tab).
released on September 16, 2013
- fixedFixed broken crash reporter.
released on September 15, 2013
- fixedFixed blinking of dual panel (especially under Lion).
- fixedFixed a crash in FoldersOnTop code.
released on September 13, 2013
- fixedFixed some random crashes related to our crash reporting code.
- fixedFixed missing status bar when toolbar and sidebar are hidden.
- improvedOption+click on close (miniaturize) button will close (miniaturize) all windows.
- improvedPrevents unwanted space switch when using pinned visor.
released on August 31, 2013
- fixedFixed crashes when entering Column View under Lion with enabled auto-columns-width feature.
- fixedFixed visual artefacts when using search or switching view mode (introduced in 1.4.19).
released on August 30, 2013
- newMajor Mavericks compatibility improvements: Tabs, Visor, CopyPathMenu, ColourfulSidebar and fixes in other plugins.
- fixedFixed some edge cases when TotalFinder wasn't launched during startup.
- fixedFixed annoying 'A' shortcut bug.
- fixedFixed issues when restoring files from TimeMachine.
- improvedVarious improvements in automatic column resizing code.
released on July 16, 2013
- newCrash logs include TotalFinder-specific info if available.
- fixedFixed more crashes with enabled column-view auto-width feature.
released on July 10, 2013
- newPorted some plugins under Mavericks: FoldersOnTop, DockProgressBar, ColumnViewAutoWidth and SystemFiles.
- fixedFixed remaining installation issues.
- fixedFixed occasional crash when rendering Dock progress bar.
- fixedFixed occasional crash with enabled column-view auto-width feature.
- fixedFixed occasional problem with Cut menu item under Edit menu. It showed "Copy" and CMD+X keyboard shortcut did not work anymore.
- improvedCut-Copy-Paste context menu buttons resize properly with localized names.
- improvedUpdated French and Turkish localizations.
released on June 28, 2013
- fixed1.4.15 was crashing on Lion systems :-(
released on June 27, 2013
- improvedInternal improvements in the Tabs plugin.
released on June 26, 2013
- improvedTotalFinder launches cleanly under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Most features are disabled under Mavericks. We will re-enable them one by one as we will progress porting the code to the new system.
released on June 24, 2013
- fixedFixed installation issues introduced in 1.4.11 and 1.4.12 (bad day - I'm sorry for that).
released on June 24, 2013
- fixedFixed installation issues introduced in 1.4.11.
released on June 22, 2013
- newIt is possible to set minimal width when enabling automatic column widths.
- improvedAdded retina versions of menubar icons.
- improvedAutomatic adjusting of columns in Column View works more reliably.
- improvedMore robust TotalFinder launcher (some people had issues with applescript errors).
- improvedDock icon progress bars are more similar to system progress bars.
- newNew preference to enable automatic adjusting of columns in Column View.
- newCompatibility with OS X update 10.8.4
- fixedFixed issues when leaving TimeMachine.
- improvedVarious minor improvements.
released on March 26, 2013
- newNew preferences system (gives us more flexibility in exposing feature tweaks).
- newAdded a feature to enable a progress bar over the Dock icon when copying files (requested here).
- newAdded a feature to enable colored sidebar icons (based on Colorful Sidebar SIMBL).
- newFinally added "Open new tabs with previous location" preferences tweak.
- fixedFixed redrawing issues when entering and leaving TimeMachine.
- fixedFixed weird crashes when evaluating keyboard shortcuts while system is switched to some exotic keyboard layouts.
- fixedFixed a problem when activating pinned Visor.
- fixedVisor might steal ESC system-wide in some circumstances. Now ESC is properly scoped to active Visor window.
- fixedFixed an error where, on some systems, TotalFinder might fail during system startup with "Connection invalid -609" error.
- improvedShortcut recording now uses MASShortcut component by Vadim Shpakovski.
- improvedGeneral stability improvements.
released on December 02, 2012
- fixedFixed broken paste command in context menus (issue).
- fixedFixed redrawing issues under high CPU load (issue).
- improvedImproved Visor sliding. Fading and sliding should be smoother. Removed random flickering in multi-display setups (issue).
- removedSwitched new tabs rendering back to original code. It is not ready for primetime (issue).
released on December 01, 2012
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.8.2 (which is included in OS X update 10.8.3)
- improvedUpdated tabs rendering with the latest code from Chromium project.
- fixedFix disabled copy command in search results and some other places (a bug introduced in 1.4.5).
released on November 22, 2012
- fixedFixed pinned Visor behavior broken in 1.4.5 (issue).
- fixedFocus Visor when clicking the Dock icon while having an opened unfocused pinned Visor (issue).
- improvedImproved window dragging via Finder's toolbar or status bar.
released on November 20, 2012
- newImplemented "Reopen Closed Tab" (idea).
- newIt is now possible to copy UNC-style paths from Copy Path submenu.
- fixedDouble-clicking Finder's toolbar miniaturizes whole window.
- fixedCut/Copy/Paste buttons appear in context menus also when clicking into Finder's background.
- fixedVisor window is correctly repositioned after connecting or disconnecting external display.
- improvedAdded TotalFinder menu into Finder main menu item (for people who remove TotalFinder's menubar icon).
released on November 15, 2012
- fixedClicking Finder icon in the Dock brings back miniaturized window (issue).
- fixedCMD+W does not close whole window in case there is only one tab in dual mode.
- fixedEscape key could stop working when closed last tab in Visor window.
released on September 27, 2012
- fixedPrevent redrawing issues and delay when minimizing TotalFinder window.
- fixedNew tabs were opening outside Visor (issue).
- fixedClicking Dock icon could cause random switching of Spaces.
- fixedPrevent rare crashes when dragging files over tabs.
- fixedAlways use English keyboard layout when dealing with keyboard shortcuts. This should fix issues when using exotic keyboard layouts.
released on September 18, 2012
- fixedFixed "Folders On Top" bug introduced in 1.4.1 (issue).
released on September 17, 2012
- newAdded Vietnamese translation by Craig Nguyen
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.8.1 (which is included in OS X update 10.8.2).
- fixedFixed unreliable "Reveal in Finder" requests from other apps (issue).
- fixedFixed "Folders On Top" issues when list was displayed as unsorted and caused weird dragging bugs (issue).
- fixedFixed issues with missing sidebar or toolbar in some scenarios (issue, issue).
- fixedFixed a minor memory leak.
- improvedNew tabs get created in the last browser in the current space.
released on July 31, 2012
- fixedExternal Finder activation works reliably (issue)
- fixedFixed toolbar customization panel issues and window sheets are placed properly under the toolbar.
- fixedClose button on dual tab didn't work.
- fixedFixed Visor auto-hiding when Finder is losing focus (issue).
- improvedPrevents minor flicker during tab switching via keyboard.
released on July 30, 2012
- fixedTotalFinder renders nicely on Retina MacBooks (issue)
- fixedVisor auto-slides down when Finder loses active status. This should fix unreliable sliding historically based on losing keyboard focus (issue).
- fixedNo ghost windows after restarting (when Visor was pinned and up before restart).
- improvedPrevents visual artifacts during Exposé.
released on July 29, 2012
- improvedTotalFinder should feel much more responsive. I have optimized tab rendering, dragging and window layouting. Also some old windowing problems should be history.
- fixedVisor stays up when you open a file via QuickLook.
released on July 28, 2012
- fixedReal fix preventing frozen Finder windows under Mountain Lion (issue).
released on July 27, 2012
- fixedPrevent frozen Finder windows under Mountain Lion (issue).
- fixedFixed a possible crash during TotalFinder shutdown.
released on July 27, 2012
- fixedFixed misplaced Dropbox overlays in Icon View under Mountain Lion.
- fixedFixed a crash when releasing a dragged tab.
released on July 26, 2012
- fixedPrevent crashes when dragging tab icon out as a new tab (issue).
- improvedNew "Switch Active Panel" item under Window menu => allows remapping OPT+TAB shortcut (issue).
- improvedPrevent flicker when switching tabs via CTRL+TAB.
released on July 25, 2012
- newAdded Mongolian translation by Tulga Gandavaa.
- fixedFixed sidebar width syncing issues under Mountain Lion.
- fixedClicking the Dock icon will bring Visor reliably up or down.
- fixedConstrain Visor's height to available screen space (issue).
- fixedPrevent bounce-back effect when hiding or minimizing windows.
- improvedPrevent flicker when closing windows.
released on July 24, 2012
- fixedFixed CMD+W problem introduced in v1.3.5.
- fixedFixed stuck Visor window during sliding when the Dock is visible.
- fixedFixed localization issues introduced in v1.3.5.
- fixedFixed gray-ish toolbar context menu problem in v1.3.5.
released on July 22, 2012
- newFixed compatibility with Finder 10.8 under Mountain Lion (GM).
- newTotalFinder binaries are signed to make Gatekeeper happy.
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.7.5 (OS X update 10.7.5).
- removedRemoved support for Finder 10.6 under Snow Leopard.
- fixedFixed uploading of crash reports via CrashWatcher.
- improvedImproved stability and performance. I did big refactoring and code cleanup. Broken all features into separate TotalFinder "plugins".
- improvedBetter performance of Visor sliding.
- improvedResolved some additional situations causing "ghost" windows.
- improvedSlightly improved visual style of tab rendering. A few Retina tweaks copied over from Google's Chrome sources. Waiting for my Retina MBP to really test it.
- improvedPaths in tabs are truncated from the left (again).
released on April 25, 2012
- fixedFixed broken right pane of Dual Mode under 10.7.4 (issue).
released on April 24, 2012
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.7.3 (which is included in OS X update 10.7.4).
released on December 3, 2011
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.7.2 (which is included in OS X update 10.7.3).
- improvedImproved performance when Folders on Top is enabled.
- fixedDo not resolve symlinks when doing Cut&Paste (issue).
released on October 25, 2011
- fixedResolved an issue causing 100% CPU usage when opening "All Files" with enabled Folders on Top (issue).
- fixedFixed a bug causing missing sidebars after opening DMG files (issue).
- fixedFixed memory leaks reported by static analysis in Xcode 4.2.
released on October 04, 2011
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.7.1 (which is included in OS X update 10.7.2).
- fixedSymbolic links to folders sort as expected when "Folders on Top" is enabled.
- removedRemoved Asepsis feature and the kernel extension. Asepsis is now freely available as a standalone software.
released on August 11, 2011
- fixedFinally fixed memory leaks in CrashWatcher (issue).
released on August 08, 2011
- fixedFixed AppleScript command for setting window bounds (issue).
released on August 08, 2011
- newNew Tab command opens default window location as set in General Finder Preferences. Previously it was opening the same location as the current tab. This was causing a lot of support requests because novices can be stuck in DMG view without Sidebar (Lion does not have pill button anymore and CMD+OPT+T to show/hide toolbar with Sidebar is not a well-known keyboard shortcut).
- fixedResolved some rare crashes in Folder On Top feature.
- improvedThe CrashWatcher was improved and open-sourced. I've also resolved memory leaks.
- improvedTotalFinder.app can be freely relocated. Also optional ~/.totalfinder config is not used anymore.
released on July 22, 2011
- improvedIroned out more sidebar issues.
- fixedShow/Hide Path Bar and Show/Hide Status Bar commands work reliably (even in dual mode).
released on July 21, 2011
- fixedI believe this is correct solution for Sidebar issues under Lion.
- improvedCompatibility check does not complain that Lion has unsupported version of Finder.
released on July 20, 2011
- fixedHopefully fixed some Sidebar issues. For example gray background when collapsing Sidebar view under Lion.
released on July 18, 2011
- fixedTotalFinderCrashWatcher: fixed improper path escaping when calling Ruby scripts - failed in 1.1.17 to upload crash logs.
released on July 18, 2011
- fixedLion: New Asepsis was crashing under Lion (issue).
- fixedLion: Fixed compatibility with Afloat and other SIMBL plugins which use jrswizzle library.
- improvedTotalFinderCrashWatcher: more reliable way of launching Ruby scripts and preventing multiple instances from running.
released on July 17, 2011
- fixedImproper placement of tab's popup menu (issue).
- fixedCrashWatcher didn't detect TotalFinder-related crashes reliably.
- fixedLion: Asepsis feature implemented from scratch (issue).
- fixedLion: Make sure items get properly sorted after adding new files into folder (issue).
- fixedLion: Sidebar mirroring in dual mode works as under Snow Leopard.
- fixedLion: When switching tabs sidebar width stays the same as under Snow Leopard.
- fixedLion: Finder's file browser could freeze when opening folder with many files where Finder would display "More" icon.
- improvedTab animations are faster to match current Chrome settings.
- improvedPrevent tab icon jumping when switching to and from dual mode. Also put 2px space between icon and tab title.
released on June 22, 2011
- newIt is possible to drag small tab icons (folder proxy icons) (issue).
- improvedFixed tab focus problem when creating tabs by dragging folders into tab bar.
released on June 15, 2011
- newTotalFinderCrashWatcher - a new improved way for reporting TotalFinder crashes.
- newApplications and scripts may now ask Finder via AppleScript if TotalFinder has been loaded (more info).
- newAlternative TotalFinder installation path may be specified via optional ini file (more info).
- fixedFixed the annoying iPhoto issue (issue).
- fixedFixed broken "open location" applescript event (issue).
- fixedVisor's pin state indication wasn't updated when using keyboard shortcut (issue).
- fixedMade reading and writing of DSDontWriteNetworkStores flag reliable (issue).
- improvedTotalFinder reports reasonable error message when fails launching.
- removedTotalFinder is not using Spotlight anymore to locate TotalFinder.app if not found on standard location.
- fixedFixed crash reporter - report upload failed because of gist API changes.
- newMajor progress on Lion compatibility.
- fixedFixed uninstaller - TotalFinder.osax wasn't removed properly.
- improvedUnfocused pinned Visor receives focus when activated. Second activation hides it.
- improvedVisor Pin state is persistent between TotalFinder restarts.
- improvedSparkle offers update options during first launch (after installation).
- improvedImplemented URL scheme: totalfinder://register/name/key for better registering experience in the future.
released on March 29, 2011
- newLocalized into Belorussian by Alexander Shestakov.
- fixedFixed broken feature of dragging files to tabs (issue).
- fixedFixed invalid version info reported at some places (issue).
released on March 22, 2011
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.6.8 (which is included in OS X update 10.6.7).
- fixedHopefully fixed installer's troubles updating TotalFinder binary.
released on March 19, 2011
released on February 25, 2011
- fixedFixed broken installer in 1.1.6 and 1.1.7. This one is hopefully correct.
released on February 25, 2011
released on February 25, 2011
- newCompatibility with Finder in the upcoming OS X update (10.6.7)
- newLocalized into Danish by Asger Hatuop Drewsen.
- newLocalized into Macedonian by Bojan.
- newLocalized into Ukrainian by CryAngel.
- fixedFixed some "gray window" problems. (issue).
- fixedFixed broken checkbox "Don't write DS_Store files to network drives". (issue, issue and issue).
- improvedMoved traffic lights placement to match Chrome (issue).
- improvedYou can now move TotalFinder.app outside /Applications folder. Launcher uses Spotlight to locate TotalFinder.app if not found in /Applications. (issue and issue).
- improvedAsepsis checks presence of .DS_Store file, it does not do redirection when .DS_Store exists (see Console.app for affected folders). This fixes display of DMG backgrounds when Asepsis enabled.
released on January 10, 2011
- newAdded command-command, control-control and shift-shift activation options to Visor feature. To switch between them click the button image.
- fixedFixed broken option-option activation introduced in 1.1.4. (issue).
released on January 09, 2011
- newAdded Copy Path menu item support (see sample). Must be enabled in Preferences > TotalFinder > Tweaks.
- newLocalized into Bulgarian by Ivaylo Djounov.
- newLocalized into Indonesian by Ganis Angger Atmawarin.
- fixedPrevented ghost icons. (issue)
- fixedPrevented a small memory leak left behind with every closed Finder window.
- fixedFixed duplicate window names in Windows Menu and also when switching tabs window name is correctly updated. (issue)
- fixedTotalFinder no longer hardcodes ⌘ ⌥ → and ⌘ ⌥ ← for tab switching. (issue)
- fixedFixed problem where Visor may get activated back again when in dual mode and ESC is pressed. (issue)
- improvedPrevented initial window flickering during TotalFinder startup.
- improvedImproved internal code structure.
released on December 18, 2010
- fixedFixed crash when unplugging monitor (issue).
- fixedFixed disjointed UI during Visor activation when clicking icons in the Dock and the Desktop (issue).
released on December 17, 2010
- newLocalized into Finnish. Thanks to Tomi Rantalankila!
- fixedTotalFinder shows window titles in Expose (issue).
- fixedFixed annoying bug where windows could not receive focus under some circumstances (issue and issue).
- fixedWhen cycling through windows skip the desktop window (issue).
- fixedFixed window displacement bug where tab was pulled out and returned back into the same window (issue).
- fixedWhen sliding Visor up, visor window always appears on top of other TotalFinder windows.
- improvedThe cut-operation cooperates better with system clipboard (issue)
- improvedTab switching should be a bit faster and window switching/dragging should not flicker.
- improvedDefault menubar icon is black (it was previously gray).
released on December 7, 2010
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.6.7 (in the upcoming OS X update)
- fixedFixed scrolling bug in icon view in dual mode (issue).
- fixedFixed icons disappearing after cut operation on the Desktop (issue).
released on December 6, 2010
released on December 4, 2010
- newLocalized into Korean and Welsh. Thanks to Taehwan Lee and Justin Jett!
- fixedFixed Visor sliding in dual mode (issue).
- fixedSolved possible crash situation when dragging TotalFinder window via frame.
- fixedSolved possible crash situation when TotalFinder gets deminiaturized.
- improvedFiles marked for Cut&Paste are semi-transparent. We removed that small cut icon from 1.0.3.
- improvedDesktop and all file browsers reflect when item gets marked for cut.
- improvedNew tabs open set with path from previously active tab.
- improvedReimplemented sidebar tweaks in dual mode.
- improvedToolbar switching is fast (for example via pill button or via keyboard shortcut).
- improvedPrevent frame flickering in various situations. Especially when sliding Visor.
released on November 29, 2010
- fixedFixed broken Sparkle updater (issue).
- fixedFixed broken Visor tab selection and Pin Button (issue).
released on November 29, 2010
- newCut&Paste in Finder, finally! The feature implemented by Roman Yusufkhanov (issue).
- newNew icon with slightly modern look + new Menu Bar icons. Nicely done by Robin Raszka.
- fixedFixed broken crash report uploading (GitHub started using SSL).
- improvedAdded command to select next and previous tab into Window menu (issue).
- improvedOpening folders in Expose mode works without breaking the UI (issue).
- improvedFixed opening Trash from Dock or activating Folder when TotalFinder window is minimized.
- improvedRegistration Dialog is immune to extraneous whitespace and new-lines in the middle of the license key.
- improvedVisor sliding should be more smooth (will focus on Visor functionality more in the next release).
- improvedPulling tabs in and out is much more smooth.
- improvedMany internal improvements in project structure.
released on October 12, 2010
- newLocalized into Polish and Portugal. Thanks to translators, you rock!
- newIntroduced secret tweak TotalFinderDontTweakSidebar, to help folks having this issue.
- fixedDo not apply "Folders on Top" sorting on the desktop view. This should fix ghost icons on the desktop.
- fixedFixed "Go To ..." keyboard shortcuts in Dual Mode (issue).
- improvedRegistration Dialog is immune to extraneous whitespace characters.
- improvedIn trial mode the window badge shows remaining days.
- removedRemoved annoying dialog which popped after every 10 tab switches. It was a bad idea.
released on September 27, 2010
- newUnlocked licensing subsystem.
- newUpdated website for 1.0 and added documentation.
released on September 15, 2010
- newLicensing subsystem (will be unlocked in 1.0).
- new"Folders On Top" feature works reliably in all views. Nice and clean code contributed by Russian hacker Roman Yusufkhanov. Big kudos!
- newThe main window stretches horizontally when resizing columns in ColumnsView (issue).
- newLocalized into Romanian. Thanks to translators, nice!
- fixedFixed buggy checkbox "Don't write .DS_Store to Network" in preferences (issue).
- fixedFixed tab title clipping bug in dual mode.
- fixedFixed mysterious double-shadow visual glitch after starting TotalFinder (issue).
- improvedTotalFinder window uses rounded corners as the original Finder (issue).
- improvedDesktop does not show dot files even when you check "Show System Files".
- improvedAsepsis ignores .DS_Store file on Desktop to prevent unexpected desktop settings resets. (issue).
- improvedTab title is now truncated from the beginning, which makes sense for folks using _FXShowPosixPathInTitle tweak (issue).
released on August 31, 2010
- fixedFixed broken auto-updater (more info)
- newLocalized into Slovak and Slovenian. Thanks to translators, sweet!
- newCompatibility with Finder 10.6.6 (in the upcoming OS X update)
- newIntroduced BETA channel for updates (Preferences / TotalFinder / About)
- improvedTab switching is fast again (issue).
- fixedSidebar not appearing in new tabs (issue).